When your eVisa application is approved, an Approval Letter will be sent to your email address that you informed at the time of registration.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Lao eVisa facility is available for these following countries: see list
- An eVisa is valid for maximum of 60 days after receiving the Approval Letter.
- An eVisa is processed within 03 working days after receiving the completed application and full eVisa fee.
• Please note that your application will be proceeded in the same day if you apply in the morning session. If you apply in the afternoon session, then your application will be proceeded in the next day of the Lao local time (GMT+7).
- The Stay Permit of eVisa is 30 days.
- Every applicant requiring a visa need to submit scan colored copies of his/her:
1) Passport bio page
2) Photograph size 4x6 cm
3) Additional documents may be required
- Yes, as long as it is legible to the Immigration Officer especially the QR Code.
- You are currently required to print out the eVisa Approval Letter and present it to the Immigration Officer.
- If you are not receiving emails properly, please contact us.
- Yes, you can reapply using the Online service. Please ensure you submit the complete documents.
- There will be a special lane for eVisa service at the arrival ports.
- By applying online, you can submit all the required documents and information and pay the visa fees from your home or office. In additional, you can use eVisa special lane at arrival port to avoid standing in the long queue at the Visa on Arrival lane.
- Currently eVisa is available at 5 ports in Laos namely:
1) Wattay International Airport (Vientiane Capital)
2) Lao-Thai Friendship Bridge I (Vientiane Capital)
3) Luang Prabang International Airport (Luang Prabang Province)
4) Lao-Thai Friendship Bridge II (Savanakhet Province)
5) Pakse International Airport (Champasack Province)
6) Lao-Thai Friendship Bridge IV (Bokeo Province)
- Steps of how to apply eVisa.
1) Go to eVisa website at www.laoevisa.gov.la
2) Click on “Apply Now”.
3) Insert your email address and the security code in the box.
4) The system will send the verification code to your email.
5) Fill the verification code and you will get link of application form.
6) Fill the personal information, passport details and travel details.
7) Review and submit all your information before proceeding to payment.
8) Chooses your payment method.
- You only need to print one copy.
- Applicants are responsible for the correctness of all information submitted during the application process. You cannot modify anything after submitting the documents.
- No. Please check your eVisa status online. Once your eVisa application is approved, an Approval Letter is sent directly to your designated e-mail address.
- You will get the reference number after submitting the documents and proceed the payment. You can use that reference number to check on your visa status.
- You can only apply for Tourist Visa with eVisa. We have a plan to make it available for other Visa type in the future.
- Yes, you can apply for maximum 5 people per application.
- Your photo must be:
a) Sized 4 x 6 cm.
b) In color.
c) Taken within the last 6 months.
d) With no shadows.
e) With a plain white background.
f) You must face the camera in the photo.
g) Have a neutral expression.
h) Have both eyes open.
- All visitors need to have a passport valid for more than 180 days from the date of arrival. If your passport validity is less than 180 days, you must renew or apply for a new passport before you can apply for eVisa.
- If your eVisa was issued with incorrect information, contact our staff via email.
- eVisa is valid for Single Entry only.
- If you lose your eVisa approval letter, you can reprint it by accessing it from your email.
- The reasons will be provided to you by email.
- Yes, all applicants including children and infants must have a visa to enter the Lao PDR. For any further queries, please contact us.