- eVisa is valid for Single Entry only.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Your arrival date should be no more than 60 days as of the date of applying. The eVisa system only allows applicant to apply 05 days before the arrival date.
- The Stay Permit of eVisa is 30 days.
- An eVisa is valid for a maximum of 60 days after receiving the Approval Letter.
- Yes, all applicants including children and infants must have a visa to enter the Lao PDR. For any further queries, please contact us.
- By applying online, you can submit all the required documents and information and pay the visa fees from your home or office. In addition, you can use eVisa special lane at arrival port to avoid standing in the long queue at the Visa on Arrival lane.
- If you are not receiving emails properly, please contact us
- Yes, you can apply for a maximum of 10 people per invoice.
- An eVisa is processed within 03 working days after receiving the completed application and full eVisa fee, provided that all information supplied by applicants meets the criteria and accepted by the Lao Government Authorities, otherwise the processing time could be longer.
• Please note that your application will be proceeded in the same day if you apply in the morning session. If you apply in the afternoon session, then your application will be proceeded in the next day of the Lao local time (GMT+7).
- Currently, you can only apply for Tourist Visa with eVisa.
- Lao eVisa facility is available for these following countries: see list
- Steps of how to apply eVisa.
2) Click on “Apply Now”
3) Insert your email address and the security code in the box
4) The system will send the verification code to your email
5) Fill the verification code and you will get link of application form
6) Fill the personal information, travel details and upload all required documents
7) Review and submit all your information before proceeding the payment
8) Chooses your payment method
- All visitors entering the Lao PDR with approved Lao eVisa are obliged to present the same passport that was used to apply for Lao eVisa and was declared at the front-end departed checkpoint or the latest checkpoint to the Lao immigration for inspection process. Failure to comply can lead to entry permission denial.
- All visitors need to have a passport valid for more than 180 days from the date of arrival. If your passport validity is less than 180 days, you must renew or apply for a new passport before you can apply for eVisa.
- Only Ordinary Passport is
applicable to apply for eVisa.
- Your photo must be:
1) Sized 4 x 6 cm.
2) In color.
3) Taken within the last 6 months.
4) With no shadows.
5) With a plain white background.
6) You must face the camera in the photo.
7) Have a neutral expression.
8) Have both eyes open.
Remark: Please Click here for your reference.
- Every applicant requiring a visa need to submit scan-colored copies of his/her:
1) Passport bio page
2) Photograph size 4x6 cm
3) Additional documents may be required
- Feel free to contact us for assistance.
- You may check your application status at https://laoevisa.gov.la/checkstatus using your application ID and passport number to login.
- If the status is shown as “Paid” and your account balance got deducted, your application is successfully paid. However, if your account balance got deducted but the status is shown as “Unpaid” please do not make any other payments and contact us immediately.
- eVisa fee is non-refundable under any circumstances.
- Lao eVisa payment can be made online by the following payment methods: VISA, MasterCard, JCB, American Express and UnionPay.
- You can pay for your eVisa online after filling the information and upload all required documents.
- You will get the application ID after submitting the documents and proceed the payment. You can use application ID and your passport number to check on your visa status at https://laoevisa.gov.la/checkstatus.
- No. Please check your
eVisa status online at https://laoevisa.gov.la/checkstatus. Once your eVisa
application is approved, an Approval Letter is sent directly to your designated
- If your eVisa was issued with incorrect information, contact our staff via email.
- Applicants are responsible for the correctness of all information submitted during the application process. If your information is incorrect or do not meet the criteria, an email with the link will be sent to you requiring the modification on your application.
- The eVisa approval letter's validity is only used to enter the Lao PDR, not related to the duration of your stay. You can enter the Lao PDR any date after receiving the approval letter until the expiry date, and you can stay in the Lao PDR up to 30 days from the date of arriving (not related to the approval letter validity date).
- If you lose your eVisa approval letter, you can reprint it by accessing it from your email.
- You only need to print
- When your eVisa application is approved, an Approval Letter will be sent to your email address that you informed at the time of registration.
- No, you may enter the Lao PDR any date starting from the date you receive the eVisa approval letter until its expiry date (60 days after receiving the approval letter).
- You are required to print out the eVisa Approval Letter and present it to the Immigration Officer.
- Yes, as long as it is legible to the Immigration Officer especially the QR Code.
- You can enter at any of the eVisa designated ports. Please noted that if you are entering through the eVisa undesignated ports, you are required to apply for a visa on arrival and in such case, the eVisa fee is non-refundable.
- Currently eVisa is available at 6 ports in The Lao PDR namely:
1) Wattay International Airport (Vientiane Capital)
2) Lao-Thai Friendship Bridge I (Vientiane Capital)
3) Luang Prabang International Airport (Luang Prabang Airport)
4) Lao-Thai Friendship Bridge II (Savannakhet Province)
5) Pakse International Airport (Champasack Province)
6) Lao-Thai Friendship Bridge IV (Bokeo Province)
7) Boten International Checkpoint (Luang Namtha Province)
8) Boten Railway Station (Luang Namtha Province)
- There will be a special lane for eVisa service at the arrival ports.