Who can apply for eVisa?
Lao eVisa facility is available for these following countries: see list
How to apply?
Applicant can apply in 3 simple steps.
Step 1: Provide the application details and upload the necessary documents.
Step 2: Review your application and pay the fee online.
Step 3: Download the eVisa Approval Letter.
The eVisa payment is the last step of your application process after submitting your details and the required documents.
Applicants should note that the eVisa Fee is non-refundable.
Please click here to calculate your eVisa Fee.
Port of Entry
eVisa can be used to enter through these following designated ports:
1. Wattay International Airport (Vientiane Capital)
2. Lao – Thai Friendship Bridge I (Vientiane Capital)
3. Luang Prabang International Airport (Luang Prabang)
4. Lao – Thai Friendship Bridge II (Savannakhet Province)
5. Pakse International Airport (Champasack Province)
6. Lao-Thai Friendship Bridge IV (Bokeo Province)
7. Boten International Checkpoint (Luang Namtha Province)
At the Arrival Port
As soon as you arrive in Laos with the eVisa approval letter, follow the steps mentioned below:
· Go to the Immigration area and enter the dedicated eVisa lane.
· Present your passport and eVisa Approval Letter to the Immigration officer.
· Get the final Immigration approval and enter Laos.
If you are applying for the eVisa, you have to upload the following documents:
• Photograph size 4x6 cm (have been taken no longer than 6 months).
• Passport cover page.
• Passport bio page.
Note: Please upload the photo of your passport that covers the whole bio page including its MRZ (two lines at the bottom of the page)
The size of the photograph must be 4x6 cm, as per ICAO Standard photograph:
Your visa application photograph must meet certain criteria regarding size and content. Submitting photos that do not meet these criteria can delay the visa application process. If your photo does not meet the requirements, you will have to provide new photographs before your application can be processed.
Please refer the sample photo by clicking here
The processing time of the eVisa is usually 03 working days after submitting the application and pay the visa fee, provided that all information supplied by applicants meets the criteria and accepted by the Lao Government Authorities, otherwise the processing time could be longer.
The Consular Department of Lao Ministry of Foreign Affairs will be closed on public holidays as below details:
Public Holidays and Closures 2023
|New Year’s Day||1st January||Sunday (Substitute Holiday on Monday 2nd)|
|International Women’s Day||8th March||Wednesday|
|Lao New Year’s Day||14th April||Friday|
|Lao New Year’s Day||15th April||Saturday (Substitute Holiday on Monday 17th)|
|Lao New Year’s Day||16th April||Saturday (Substitute Holiday on Monday 18th)|
|International Workers’ Day||1st May||Monday|
|Lao National Day||2nd December||Saturday (Substitute Holiday on Monday 4th)|
Please note that the processing time may take longer during the break.